- This event has passed.
HorsePowered Life Skills – Back to School Challenges & Opportunties
August 2 - August 4Free
Making their child’s transition to school easier is every parent’s priority.
Your child may feel excited about going back to school. However, there may
also be anxiety about new teachers, a different environment, or even a
curriculum they perceive as too difficult. Our “Back to School” program partners with a horse to become a “living” diagram, giving your child a physical tool for addressing the various challenges associated with going back to school. Your child will learn how to reframe those challenges as opportunities for a positive mind growth.
Target Skills: Reframing challenges as opportunities, teamwork & emotional resilience
Each program will run three (3) consecutive days – two (2) hours per day. Choose only a morning or an evening program.
- 9:00 – 11:00 AM OR 6:00 – 8:00 PM
- If program is full, please contact us if you wish to be placed on a waiting list.
- Up to a maximum of 6 participants – dependent upon the number of students that have a behavioral Individual Education Plan.
Cost: $200/$100*/ or No-Cost**
- Payment due on the first day of program (cash or check) or pay electronically via Donation page.
Grades: Kindergarten and up
- **Full Scholarships may be limited – due to the number of applicants
- *Partial Scholarships ($100) are not limited
Activities take place in an outdoor arena and activity shelter. No riding. No previous horse experience needed.